Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Print shop that can't use photoshop?

I am trying to get a business card printed, and I just got an email from the printer. They said that they cannot use a photoshop file, because they do not have photoshop. Are these people reputable? I'm a little concerned. Anyone with any experience with printers?



Print shop that can't use photoshop?microsoft



I've dealt with dozens of printers at just about every level, and every single one of them PREFERS Photoshop. Even Vista Print, which will send you the business cards for just the shipping charge... you can use a photoshop file. I wouldn't, necessarily, tell them, "thanks, but no, thanks" just because of this, but I would ask them to send you some samples of their printed work before paying them anything. I mean, Photoshop and CS3, etc are the top of the line in the design field. Seems a little fishy to me, too.



Print shop that can't use photoshop?norton ghost



Thanks for all the answers. There were too many good ones to choose from, so I left it all up to you crazy voters. Report It


I'm sure they do have ps....but thats not the proper file format to send in for business card printing. YOu should lay the card out in a professional design program like Quark Xpress, or my personal fav Adobe InDesign. This is the layout program that your printer most likely is looking for....

No comments:

Post a Comment